On September 26th, one of our Independent Living residents became a Centurion. Mr. Edward Moore. Below is a brief timeline of his life that we shared during his birthday party. Ed loved to wind surf up until he was 94 years old. Ed is a true gentleman and lives at Woodbury Mews and is still happily married to his wife Marie.
- Edward was born at home on 5th Street in Brooklyn, New York on September 26th, 1917.
- He attended an all boys school, Pollytechnic in Brooklyn, New York and graduated in 1935. He then continued his education at Cornell University where he graduated with a degree in Chemistry in 1939.
- Edward made a living as a Chemist at Mobile First and retired after 38 years.
- He met his 1st wife, Rosemary, at the library in the Carnegie Institute in Pittsburgh, PA. Together they kept busy raising one son and five girls. Rosemary sadly passed away at the age of 55 years old.
- He married his 2nd wife, Marie in 1984. He and Marie resided in Woodbury, New Jersey. During that time Ed worked for a short time on small rockets.
- Edward golfed until the age of 82 years old and enjoyed wind surfing until the age of 94!
- He and Marie enjoyed traveling to Florida during the winter months.
It gives us great pleasure and is our honor to celebrate with Ed his 100th birthday.
Ed, from all of your family at Woodbury Mews, we wish you the happiest Birthday ever!